PACE, the technical details
PACE is a key module in the QuoteArchitect tool suite
Most EMS providers have their inventory, logistics and financial parts database well organized in their MRP/ERP system. It contains valuable and indispensable part code information, but it is in general not developed to manage large amounts of technical data sets. In addition, one is normally not that happy to store unused “unknown” part code information in the MRP/ERP system, wasting time, slowly polluting the system with unused information, ultimately affecting its performance.
But engineering, production and testing are not possible without extensive technical information.
PACE manages all technical part code data company wide.
An unfortunate fact is that often the technical part code information is not so well managed. Selective pieces of technical information are collected on a personal initiative as required and stored on widely spread locations and systems.
The proliferation of technical part data ultimately leads to chaos and multiplication of data from uncontrolled sources. Notorious is the issue of part code data sheets from different revision levels used in different departments; unavoidably leading to catastrophic errors and related financial and commercial damage.
Not to mention the threat of losing a valuable customer as a result of data chaos.
The power is in the combination of PACE and MRP/ERP...
... but the use of PACE is broader than that:
- PACE is automatically and real time updated and synchronised with the latest MRP/ERP information,
- PACE combines the data from 2 databases (MRP/ERP and PACE) in one application. It is capable of showing any information from the MRP/ERP system when the part code is stored in that system,
- Stored and managed in a central repository everyone in the company can have (controlled) access to all technical part code data*),
- Part codes can have dozens of different variables defined which you normally don't need to see all together. PACE users can create their own part code “views” with exactly the data elements visible they need for their job,
- PACE is the ideal tool for part specialists (e.g. Librarians), making their job as efficient and effective as possible.
*) A free PACE viewer is available for everyone in the company.